Search & Win

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chores Chores Chores

<<walks into bad parents anonymous>>


Hi, my name is Rose, and I’m one of these evil parents that makes my children do chores. They do not do them for money, they do them because we are all members of the family and we all help (I have said that many times through gritted teeth).

From they time they can walk and understand, they help. We do it as a family when they are younger, but by now they can do many alone, or as a team. We have a magnetic chore board, and we rotate each week. I would say on average the younger kids (under 10) spend about 10-15 minutes a day on chores between am and pm, and older kids about 20-30 minutes.

I don’t sit on my butt while they do chores, I am working right there with them. Its not perfect, some days we forget or get too busy, but most days it gets done, and it’s a great help to my sanity. Find a system that works for you and stick with it!

Also one day a week we do our “big chores” and we all spend an hour cleaning the whole house, and then its done!

Please do not feel bad about having kids do chores, its wonderful for each family member to help!!!

Questions? Thoughts? I will answer J

No comments:

Post a Comment