Search & Win

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Grocery Shopping

Last week I decided to skip our weekly shopping, and work on a pantry clean out. I spend $10 on a few things we had to have (milk, fruit, eggs). This Thursday came, and passed, and we now have a much "cleaner" pantry. LOL.

Its starting to look less full, but not empty yet. We are starting to get creative. The kids still have lots of cereal, just not their favorite types, but they wont die, and it needs to be used. This week we will use the last of frozen loafs of bread I had bought on sale, and we are down to only a week or so of meals left, if I get creative :)

Let me be clear: We are NOT going hungry or going without, we are just using some of the less favorite items that are in the back of the pantry that tend to get forgotten. Still having very healthy meals.

I know I will have to shop next Thursday, but so far so good. I usually do this once maybe twice a year, and its a great fun challenge.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment