Search & Win

Thursday, March 4, 2010

That mystery can in the back of your pantry.

You know the one, its in the back, behind the other cans, the box of pasta and even the cream of mushroom soup you keep on hand. Well that is can is what I am going to eat this week. Not your can, but mine.

Let me explain: Thursdays are grocery shopping day in our house. I go every Thursday, and have $100 I can spend. Usually its one store, sometimes two, but that’s it. This week I decided not to grocery shop. I pulled out extra stuff we keep from when its on sale, took inventory of the pantry and freezer, and decided that this weekend I will get milk, lettuce and apples and that’s it. We have fresh fruit, canned fruit, some fresh veggies but lots of frozen, some frozen bread I have bought on sale, etc. We eat a very healthy diet, and very little from cans, but we do have frozen veggies it wont kill us to use. So instead of $100 I am spending $10.

I rarely do this but am inspired to clean out, use what we have, and not add to it till next week. No one will starve. We may run our of cereal but that will just motive me to make other better things for breakfast. It should be interesting and I will post how it goes. Every meal may not be "perfect" but they will be healthy and filling and thats what matters.

Anyone want to join me for a “Pantry Challenge” of seeing how long we can go on what we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment