Search & Win

Monday, March 1, 2010

My brilliant dryer mistake

In the interest of saving resources and money, we decided to vent our dryer inside this winter (its electric). You take the hose from the dryer and connect it to the venting box instead of the wall. Apparently I did this in a hurry, and that’s not what I did. I connected the wall side to the venting box, meaning yes the heat has been coming in, but when I went to change it today, nothing had been catching the lint for the past FOUR months. It covered behind our dryer in huge amounts, we do a lot of laundry.

How did I not notice this for 4 months??

3 comments:

  1. That is something I can relate to. I can just see it. My husband was talking about doing that with our gas dryer since it vents right outside our living room patio doors. (not nearly as exciting as it sounds...LOL). I can see having a nylon screen hanging off the pipe like we do for our washer rinse tube.

    Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fun! But kind of funny, lol! Sorry for the mess, let us know if you get it set up the right way and if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to be a good laugh, we all need it sometimes. The thing is it worked great, we got lots of heat, just lint everwhere because I didnt have the lint trap on right for venting inside. We will do it again next winter, this time correct. :)

    ReplyDelete